Received Sylff fellowship in 2014, 2015.
Academic supervisor: Dr. Nilanjan Ghosh
Current Affiliation: Observer Research Foundation, Research Assistant, India, Kolkata, 1 year 6 months (continuing).
Academic achievements, social engagement initiatives:
1. Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, Economics Honours, 2013, Bachelor of Arts.
2. Momoyama Gakuin University, Osaka, Japan, Applied Economics, 2014, Exchange Programme Certificate.
3. Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India, Economics Honours, 2016, Master of Arts.
4. University Lille 1 (Lille, France), University of Cantabria (Santander, Spain), University of Economics (Prague, Czech Republic); Economics of Globalisation and European Integration; 2017;
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees - Master of Arts.
1. Child Rights and You, Intern, India, Kolkata, 2 months.
2. GREENPEACE, Intern, India, Kolkata, 2 months.
3. New Light, Volunteer, India, Kolkata, 8 months.
4. Osaka UNESCO Association, Volunteer, Japan, Osaka, 1 week.
Soumya Bhowmick is a Research Assistant at ORF Kolkata, under the Economy and Growth Programme. His research focus is on the Indian economy, sustainability, globalization and governance. He currently leads a project on the FDI inflows in the Indian states and works closely with the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Soumya holds a double Masters degree in Economics from Jadavpur University, Kolkata and University of Antwerp, Belgium (Specialization in Economics of Globalisation and European Integration). He has previously been awarded the: Government of Japan’s JASSO Scholarship, Tokyo Foundation’s SYLFF Fellowship, and the European Commission’s EMJMD Fellowship.