This Website is managed by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research to provide information about the Sylff Association and its activities.
Please read the following terms and conditions before using this Website. By using this Website, you will be deemed to have agreed to these Terms and Conditions.
All content, information and URLs of this Website are subject to change or deletion without prior notice.
The information presented on this Website consists of works and compilation works copyrighted to individuals or groups who have offered their work and granted permission for its use by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research or this Website. This information is protected under copyright laws, international treaties and other laws.
Any use (including duplication, alteration, uploading, posting, sending, distributing, licensing, selling, publishing etc.) of this information beyond personal use or the scope of that which is explicitly allowed by law is forbidden unless prior written approval is obtained by individuals or groups who have offered their work and granted permission for its use by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research or this Website.
Priority shall be granted to any other separate terms and conditions presented.
Please observe the following when quoting from this Website:
- There must be a necessity to quote the copyrighted work.
- The quoted text and the original text must be clearly separated using such means as quotation marks.
- It must be made clear that the quoted portion is subordinate in value to the text in which the quote is to be found.
Further, based on the stipulation of the Copyright Law of Japan, the source of the work must be clearly indicated in the manner and to the extent deemed reasonable in light of the manner of the reproduction and/or exploitation.
(1) Links to this Website
Links to this Website may be freely posted on other Websites. Prior notification is not required; but, when a link has been posted contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the URL of the Website. Please fill in the subject line as "linked URL."
However, we firmly deny the posting of links on the following Websites, and we may request the removal of links if they are posted on them.
- Websites that contain content which libels or defames the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research
- Websites that contain content which infringes (or has the potential to infringe) on laws and public order and morality, or Websites of groups which aim (or have the potential to do so) to practice such content
- Websites which cause any financial burden, or serve no profitable ends to posting a link to the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research
A link may be freely posted to any page on this Website, but the content URL may be subject to change without prior notice.
(2) Disclaimer of the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research for any links
The content of any Website (hereinafter, known as 'linked Website'), which is run by a third party outside of the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research and has a link to or a link from this Website, is under the management of that individual or group and is not managed by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research in any way. Use any linked Website in accordance with the terms and conditions on use displayed on that Website. The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research accepts no responsibility for the content of any linked Website, nor for any damage that may occur through the use of such linked Websites.
Moreover, linking to this Website does not signify the endorsement by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research of any product, service, company etc. that is posted on the linked Website, nor the use of the linked Website, nor that there is any special affiliation between the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research and the linked Website.
Restrictions on Use
The following actions are restricted when using this Website:
- Actions that infringe, or may infringe, on the property or privacy of a third party or the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research .
- Actions that are unprofitable or inflict damage, or have the potential to do so, upon third parties or the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research .
- Actions that are against public order and morals, or have the potential to be.
- Actions which are crimes, or are linked to crimes, or have the potential to be.
- False declarations or notifications by registering other people's e-mail addresses.
- Actions to promote a business or to gain profit, or actions which prepare for such.
- Actions which defame the honor or trust of third parties or the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research .
- Actions which present or use harmful programs such as computer viruses, or have such a potential.
- Actions which contravene laws, legal ordinances, conventions or other such regulations, or have such a potential.
- Any action which is deemed inappropriate by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research .
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research uses reasonable security measures and strives to prevent the loss, leak, misuse, alteration or destruction of personal information and materials provided by individuals that use this Website. However, since absolute security of personal information and materials provided by individuals that use this Website cannot be guaranteed we ask for your understanding.
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research records and stores access logs that include the IP address of users who access this Website. Individuals will not be identified by the IP address which they use.
The access logs kept on this Website are not used by the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research for any other purpose other than statistical analysis, such as access trends and numbers, and to diagnose any server problems. The results of statistical analysis are used to understand the access trends of users, and to advise the future management of this Website.
This Website can be viewed by the following browsers:
Internet Explorer 10/11 or higher, Chrome, Firefox
Macintosh (Mac OS X 10.4 or higher)
Safari, Chrome, Firefox
Some areas of this Website require Adobe Flash Player
For any other browsers, some functions of this Website may not be available.
Disclaimer regarding Information on This Website
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research , when posting information on this Website, has paid the closest attention to all content. However, the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research can make no guarantee as to the accuracy, usefulness, certainty, applicability to the user's objectives, or safety of the content of the information posted (including the non-interruption of functions, the non-occurrence of errors, the corrections of defects, or the absence of computer viruses and other harmful items on this Website and the server). Further, the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research accepts no responsibility for any damages that arise through the use of the information on this Website or unavailability of the information on this Website, or through the use of the Website itself.
The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research may change the information on this Website without prior notification. Please be forewarned that the management of this Website may be temporarily suspended or shut down. The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research accepts no responsibility for any damages that arise through the alteration of information, the temporary suspension, or the shutting down of this Website for any reason whatsoever.
The “Translate” button (on the top right corner) provides translations through Google Translate, a free, automated third-party service, and is offered for reference purposes only. The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research does not guarantee the accuracy or appropriateness of the translation.
The opinions expressed in the articles on this website are solely those of the respective authors and do not necessary represent the views of the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
Applicable Law and Legal Jurisdiction
The use of this Website as well as the interpretation and application of these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan, unless otherwise stated. The Tokyo District Court shall have exclusive primary jurisdiction with respect to any and all disputes regarding the use of this Website.
For more information contact:
General Affairs, the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research
TEL:03-5797-8400 FAX:03-5570-6030 E-mail: email@example.com