The Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research has established the following policy for the proper use, protection, and management of personal information.
1. Collection of Personal Information
The Foundation collects personal information to the extent necessary for the smooth execution of its activities. The Foundation will clarify how the information will be used, which will be within the scope of what is appropriate and fair. Such explanations may not be given, however, in the following cases:
- When personal information is provided during meetings with the management or staff of the Foundation, including information on business cards.
- When business cards are received from participants of public forums and symposiums.
In addition, for safe and appropriate management of information, the Foundation uses SSL-encrypted communication to send and receive personal and other information via the Foundation’s website.
2. Purpose of Use
The Foundation will use personal information only for the following purposes, unless otherwise required by law.
- To send publications and other documents from the Foundation
- To send information about forums, symposiums, etc., organized or sponsored by the Foundation
- To mail eNewsletters and press releases that introduce the Foundation’s activities
- To implement questionnaires and internet surveys
- To send other communications from the Foundation
The Foundation will promptly comply with requests to reference, correct, or delete one’s personal information in accordance with prescribed procedures.
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
The Foundation will not disclose or provide personal information to a third party without first obtaining the person’s consent, unless otherwise required by laws or regulations or necessary for the protection of life or property.
There may be instances when the processing of personal information is outsourced to other organizations, such as when shipping publications and other documents or in conducting questionnaires and internet surveys. In such cases, the Foundation will provide necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure the safety of personal information.
4. Legal Compliance and Review
Inquiries regarding the handling of personal information and requests for disclosure and correction based on the provisions the APPI and other related laws and regulations should be directed to the General Affairs Division of the Tokyo Foundation for Policy Research.
For more information, click on the link below to submit a question.