Received Sylff fellowship at Oregon State University in 2019.
Academic supervisor: Dr. Andrew Meigs
Current affiliation: Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon (USA)
Academic achievements, social engagement initiatives:
1. Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellow - India 2018-2019
2. P.F. & Nellie Buck Yerex Graduate Fellow - Oregon State University 2019
3. DAAD Short-Term Research Fellow - University of Potsdam, Germany 2017-2018
4.Diversity Pipeline Scholarship - Oregon State University 2015, 2016
5. NSF East Asia & Pacific Summer Institute (EAPSI) Fellow - National Cheng-Kung University, Taiwan 2013-2014
6. TIGP-SIP Fellow - Academia Sincia, Taiwan 2011
Ellen is a Ph.D. candidate in Geology at Oregon State University where she studies the growth and development of mountain ranges and their associated earthquake hazard and risk. She recently served a year as a Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellow at the Wadia Institute of Himalayan Geology, Dehradun, India assessing when and how fast individual faults in the Himalayan foothills moved in the geologically recent past. Her passion for this work stems from research experiences in Taiwan offered to her as an undergraduate at India University of Pennsylvania where she earned a B.S. in Geology and a B.A in Geography (GIS/Cartography). She continued this work as a M.S. Geology student at the University of Connecticut.
To contact this fellow, email the Sylff Association at sylff[a]tkfd.or.jp (replace [a] with @).