▪ Placed 'First of 2016 Class' at the Faculty of Mass Communication – English section – Cairo University
▪ Received 'Outstanding Performance and Academic Excellence' certificate for the academic year 2015/2016.
Social Engagement activities:
▪ Participated in the U.N women 'HerStory' initiative within Bejing+25 in 2019.
▪ Participated in the inaugural National Youth Conference in 2016.
▪ Volunteered as an English teacher in Tbilisi, Georgia in 2014.
▪ Facilitated workshops, conducted interviews, and took part in dissemination events within a Danish Egyptian-project in 2014-2017.
Current affiliation: Teaching Assistant at Cairo University and M.A.- candidate at the American University in Cairo
Christine Guirguis is a Teaching Assistant at the Faculty of Mass Communication, Cairo University, Egypt. She is studying Master of Arts in Journalism and Mass Communication at the American University in Cairo through the Ryoichi Sasakawa fellowship since September 2020.
Before leading a career in Academia, Christine worked for several months post-graduation as a digital marketing executive. She is especially interested in Marketing Communication of social causes and innovative/entrepreneurial ideas.
One of the causes she believes is part of her life mission is the empowerment of women. Therefore, she participated in a U.N. women initiative in 2019 and worked as a Research Assistant in 2014 in a Danish-Egyptian project called 'With and About Women in Egypt post-2011 January revolution".
Cherishing the personal and intellectual richness that diversity brings, she started learning the German language in 2019 and volunteered as an English language instructor for young Adults in Tbilisi, Georgia in 2014.